The SecureWorld project
The SecureWorld project lays on priorities 1 and 4.
The objective of the SecureWorld project aims to research technologies of cybersecurity and privacy preservation for safeguarding personal data in a hyperconnected world. It is characterized by an ecosystem where market agents extract value by operating on large amounts of data and metadata. Three fundamental aspects must be considered:
- The processes: includes all the actions that are carried out to prevent attacks.
- The technology: the creation of innovative trust models in distributed data exploitation environments.
- The people: a virtual platform that simulates most of the elements that comprise the real operating environment to train cybersecurity agents, both individually and collectively.
Do you know about Optiva Media´s TV use cases in the SecureWorld project?
Verification of content reproduction rights using DRM
Optiva Media is researching the protection of TV services through SSI credentials that verify the certifications needed to connect two TV providers or one TV provider with the end-user. Blockchain technology enables verification of the content that users see by establishing a verified connection between two entities.
- Authentication through blockchain technology
- Coding: encryption so that the person who has access is the only one who sees the content
- Decryption: file access under the resolution of challenges, these challenges can be geopositioning, date or multimedia (eg: face ID)
Advanced-Data Visualisation and Interaction
Optiva Media will research the use of advanced visualisation and interaction techniques with the twofold objective of:
- Provide the user with an understanding of the content recommendations and decisions made by the system AI, the analytics components in the detection of anomalous situations, and cybersecurity.
- Developing tools to facilitate usability and interaction in access to information relating to the use and exploitation of data and services, and in particular to the information stored in Blockchain, and managed by oracles and Smart Contracts.
The application of Visual Analytics will be researched in order to explore the data stored on Blockchains, allowing the business manager to understand the behaviour of the users of the blockchain and act on aspects such as:
- How activity changes on the blockchain.
- How events such as security issues, fraud, etc. influence activity on the blockchain.
- How activity on two different Blockchains is related.
Secure content subscription sharing
The idea is to allow more than one person to use the same VoD content subscription. In other words, one user has his subscription, and instead of sharing his access credentials with a second user so that he can access the account, a token would be created that allows temporal access to certain content available, after making a payment for accessing the content. Optiva will evaluate different business models where, for example, a percentage share would be taken by all the involved actors of the system: the content provider, the operator and the user sharing its subscription.
*SecureWorld is a project financed by the Centre for the Development of Industrial Technology (CDTI), through the ‘Proyectos CIEN’ programme.*